This series of meetings are conveniently located near our Members, and they provide excellent opportunities to connect with other gas system operators, city managers/administrators, elected officials, and your Gas Authority staff. Take a look at the agenda highlights and see the important topics we will be discussing during these meetings.
The dates and meeting locations are outlined below. Each meeting will begin with a light breakfast and fellowship at 8:45 a.m., and conclude over lunch.
Meeting Dates and Locations
- March 1 – Elberton, GA | The Elberton Arts Center, 17 W. Church Street
- March 2 – Buford, GA | Buford Community Center, 2200 Buford Highway
- March 7 – Warner Robins, GA | Robins Air Force Base – Museum of Aviation, 1942 Heritage Boulevard
- March 8 – Tifton, GA | UGA Conference Center, 15 RDC Road
- March 9 – Thomasville, GA | Thomasville Utilities Building, 944 Smith Avenue
- March 14 – Adairsville, GA | Adairsville City Hall, 116 Public Square
- March 15 – Waynesboro, GA | Waynesboro Ice Plant, 260 Barron Street
- March 16 – West Point, GA | The West Point Depot, 500 3rd Avenue
08:45 Light Breakfast & Fellowship
09:15 Welcome & Introductions
09:30 Session I – Municipal Gas Systems: Addressing External Pressures
Public gas systems are facing some interesting challenges these days. In addition to the familiar (regulatory burdens, customer attrition, low-volume/warm winters, etc.), you may be faced with the prospect of what to do when approached with a serious offer to buy the gas system. During this session, we will explore some potential opportunities to gain scale and not only survive, but thrive.
10:30 Networking Break
11:00 Session II – Newsreel: News You Need to Know
In this session, participants will receive a briefing on the latest gas industry and Gas Authority happenings.
Noon Door Prizes & Lunch