The Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia is highly innovative and is the largest non-profit natural gas joint-action agency in the US. We manage the operations of multiple entities aggregating to more than $700 million in annual revenues and over $8.0 billion in assets, delivering more than 110 Bcf of natural gas annually to municipal utilities throughout the Unites States. The Gas Authority is a professional work environment that values team members who desire to grow with our organization. We have an outstanding culture, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
Current Employment Opportunities
Sales and Customer Retention Specialist
The Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia, “The Gas Authority” is looking for a highly motived, self-starting individual to join their team as a Sales and Customer Retention professional to serve East Metro Atlanta.
Qualified Applicant’s goal will be to add and retain natural gas utility customers through:
- Actively and consistently calling on assigned and potential accounts including residential builders/developers, local HVAC and/or Plumbing contractors, and current active and inactive customers.
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers by providing professional representation and assistance in all areas related to natural gas service.
- Researching and recommending natural gas appliances and heating systems to current and potential customers.
- Having a working knowledge of installation, repair, and maintenance of natural gas appliances and heating systems.
- Working closely with all internal and contracted sales and promotion resources.
- Preparing customer cost estimates consistent with company policy and follow up until resolution.
- Attending and participating in all scheduled events, including sales meetings, training classes and other business-related gatherings.
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards consistent with good judgment, company policy and objectives.
- Complete required paperwork and submit in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree and/or relevant sales and customer service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other sales and contact management software
- Excellent organizational, customer service, communications and interpersonal skills are required
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary based on commensurate experience
- Incentive compensation based on company and individual milestones
- Competitive benefits package including paid medical and dental insurance
- Deferred compensation package with generous company match
- Paid time off, company paid cell phone, company expense and mileage reimbursement.
Interested individuals should send their resumes, including references and salary requirements to email@example.com
The Gas Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Transportation and Storage Analyst
The Transportation and Storage Analyst position will work with cross functional teams that provide critical timely needs that require adequate gas supply and storage resources to be nominated and scheduled on multiple pipelines. This position will be involved in the analysis required to meet actual ongoing daily gas demands. The ability to meet deadlines, effective communication skills, and maintaining spreadsheet and database models for members and partners are key components to this position.
Transportation and Storage Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyze targeted member needs to appropriately nominate supply mix to meet forecast requirements, ensuring that adequate gas supply and storage inventory is properly scheduled for delivery by multiple pipelines
- Minimize pipeline transportation imbalances while adjusting member transportation and storage nomination contract requirements as necessary
- Maintain communication with Member cities, coworkers, pipelines on a timely basis due to contract changes, revisions affecting load usage, and necessary operating modifications while insuring full requirements service
- Monitor pipeline reports and pipeline EBB informational notices
- Provide support for special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably business or technical)
- 1 – 3 year’s experience in gas transportation preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and database applications
- Strong analytical capability
The position requires some overtime and after-hours support, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Due to the nature of the pipeline deadlines and scheduling cycles, on-call time will be required as well.
Please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.