Who We Are and
What We Do
The Municipal Gas Authority of Georgia (Gas Authority) is the largest non-profit natural gas joint-action agency in the United States, serving 79 Members in Georgia, Alabama, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Florida that meet the gas needs of more than 240,000 customers. In addition, the agency provides services to 16 other agencies and public systems referred to as “Municipal Customers”. The Gas Authority also serves as the manager of both Public Gas Partners, Inc. (PGP) and Main Street Natural Gas, Inc. (Main Street), which acquire and provide economical natural gas reserves, in the case of PGP, and long-term prepaid natural gas supplies, in the case of Main Street, to The Gas Authority and other public systems.
Environmental Responsibility Statement
Environmental stewardship is important to us, and natural gas has an important role. We recognize that safeguarding our environment is a responsibility we all share. Natural gas enhances our quality of life through affordable and reliable energy contributing to humankind’s prosperity and a clean environment; and energy diversity, choice and security are key to spurring innovation, improving economic well-being, and effective environmental stewardship.
The Gas Authority and its Members are committed to provide natural gas energy services that result in affordable, reliable and secure energy and a clean, sustainable environment, and we support energy innovation that contributes to these objectives.
To provide municipalities a reliable, economical supply of natural gas, and to assist them in developing and growing their gas systems to optimize the benefits of public ownership.
Board of Directors
Chris Hobby, City Manager, City of Bainbridge
- Vice Chairman
Todd Hardigree, Gas Superintendent, City of Lawrenceville
Luther “Buddy” Duke III, Mayor, City of Adel
- Michael Clay, Director of Utilities, City of Dublin
- Bruce Maples, Assistant City Manager, City of Albany
- Jon Mason, Assistant Gas Superintendent, Chambersburg Municipal Gas Department
- Howard McKinnon, Town Manager – Retired, Town of Havana (FL)
- Daren Perkins, Gas Superintendent, City of Buford
- Chuck Shaheen, Former Councilman, City of Warner Robins
- Irving Thompson, General Manager, East Central Alabama Gas District (Ashland, AL)
- Kenneth Usry, Mayor, City of Thomson
- James Wascher, City Manager, City of Commerce
- Arthur Corbin – President, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Membership Officer
- Mike Frey – Chief Operating Officer
- Susan Reeves – Chief Financial Officer
- Rodney Dill – Vice President, Market Development
- Scott Tolleson – Vice President, Member Support
- Tina Smith – Vice President, Gas Supply, Operations & Risk Management
- Alston & Bird
- Ernst & Young – Atlanta, GA
- The Bank of New York, New York, NY